BRS Sept 2007 meeting (featuring Ron Hessing & Randy Holmes-Farley)

What did you folks think of the venue?
It costs about $400 for the day.
Good location within the city, though, I think.

It was a good venue Moe, the only problem is that if they charge parking and 70 people in individual cars come at $6 a car, they've actually gotten $400+420=$820 out of us.

Some of those European tanks were amazing! Meanwhile back on the ranch, I'm still looking for a reliable electrician to return my calls and add a circuit so I can get my display tank up and running. Any suggestions?

Great meeting, very nice venue. Good to see everyone again.
Great raffle, it's amazing what $20 bucks of raffle tickets can do.

It was a good venue Moe, the only problem is that if they charge parking and 70 people in individual cars come at $6 a car, they've actually gotten $400+420=$820 out of us.
Well, there's one benefit to scheduling a meeting there during school vacation. Likely there will be nothing going on at the school, so they won't charge for parking. The downside is, the heating may be off.

I enjoyed the venue. I really enjoyed the european tanks. Ron was a great speaker, he kept us all entertained with laughs and some great pics. This was my first meeting so I was impressed with the presentation. Randy lost some us with the chemistry I think (well at least me and my GF) but all in all I aquired some great info about ozone. Thanks you all for having the great meeting!

Mark

As usual, I had a wonderful time. I thought the speakers were great. I didn't like the auditorium seating (too old and creaky), but I did like the venue overall. I don't know what other venues cost, but $400 sounds a little steep for that particular auditorium, but I could be way off on that.

Great meeting Loved seeing everyone again and meeting new people even though I got the eyes and talks from Greg ;) LOL
Seeing I just got in about 15 minutes ago and have everything acclimating ( How I ended up coming home with what I did still amazes me )I remember 3 or 4 new corals not everything I got so thank you Don,Ray,Xavier,Paul, PVH and others who brought me things .
It a good thing these things only happen once a month..:eek:

Great meeting...Great speakers-I want a Euro tank now:)! Good seeing everyone and thanks to everyone for putting this together! See ya next month!

I can't believe I actually made it to part of a meeting! Great to see folks; been way too long. I missed the 2nd speaker though -- is there a powerpoint or anything I could put up on the website? Anyone care to write up a quick summary of what he said?

Back