Bryopsis

Just left on my overflows. Has anyone had success with pincushion urchins eating it?

Thx
The only luck I had was manual removal, emerald and pitho crabs and a rabbitfish. My tangs will eat them if I scrape them off first.

Long spine Diadema urchins will eat it, but they don't target it. Still you get enough of them and you can keep it in check. That's what I do. The will knock stuff over though, so you need have things in secure places (not that difficult). I've never gone the chemical route for this, I've heard mixed results and I don't want to risk my system (everything doing too well).

Fluconzanole at a low dosage works very well for bryopsis.

Ive used the Flux RX and it did the job.

Long spine Diadema urchins will eat it, but they don't target it. Still you get enough of them and you can keep it in check. That's what I do. The will knock stuff over though, so you need have things in secure places (not that difficult). I've never gone the chemical route for this, I've heard mixed results and I don't want to risk my system (everything doing too well).
I put 2 long spine's in my tank and they were great at eating Algae. Except they started taking big bites out of my SPS. Now they do a great job keeping my sump clean.

I've never had a problem with long spine urchins eating any significant amount of coral. Sometimes they will scrap it a little bit as they go over, but not real damage.

Back