BTA question

sillyfishy

Non-member
One of my BTAs moved up to the top of the tank and has been sitting right at the water line. The other one is still on the rocks. Is this normal or is it unhappy with something??
Thanks Lisa

Not unusual for a nem to go walk about. It was probably unhappy where it was for one reason or another. Just be sure it doesn't get too close to any powerheads. You can try to move it to a more desirable location, but no guarentee it will stay put. I got mine to attach to a rock in the relative calm of my QT, then I moved the nem and the rock to my DT. Been happy ever since. HTH!!!:)

Jeff

Have you changed lights or the flow in your tank? How long has it been in there? I second covering your power heads. I use the the plastic mesh for needle point and I clean it once a week until the nem settles for a few days then I remove it.

He's at the out of our filter. He was on the rocks for a long time and its other half is still there. They split about 6 months ago. I don't think he's in any danger but it was kinda weird. I haven't change anything... our clowns died about 2 weeks ago, maybe that's why??

Have you changed lights or the flow in your tank? How long has it been in there? I second covering your power heads. I use the the plastic mesh for needle point and I clean it once a week until the nem settles for a few days then I remove it.

Hey that's a good idea!

Back