BTA question

ToriLoo

Non-member
I purchased a BTA yesterday and a clown to pair up with the small clown I already have. Put the clown in quarintine and placed the BTA in the large tank. It was attached to a small rock when I purchased it but soon moved itself off the rock and into a cave in the reef. I dont want to bother it where it is so new but eventually would like to place it somewhere where we could see it :) The clown I have doesnt show any interest but the one I just purchased was playing in the BTA's at the store so I'm hoping she will show him the way. Any advice on moving these guys or what they prefer for flow, light etc. I dont want to damage its foot when I do move it. Also have a two spot goby in quarintine with the clown, will he be ok in a bare quarintine tank with no sand as they are sandsifters? I thought I would try to feed him arcti pods. :.

Give the bta some time, it will move out of the cave itself. I would not try to move it, the bta will put itself where it is most comfortable, which may not be where you you want it. My bta's perfer low-med flow.

Yup, it may not have a brain, but BTA's do seem to have minds of their own ;).

Thanks I will let it do its thing. You think it will eventually come out in the open though? Anyone out there ever qt a twin spot goby?

leave it alone is the key, it will find the best place (for him, not you) and settles there. Feed a small piece of raw shrimp to it will encourage it to stay put at its current location.

Back