bubbletip anenome question

boboreef

Non-member
my parms are at....cal 400, mg 1200, alk 9.5

salinity 1.026
ph 8
temp 78

now my question is how fast does bubbletip anenome dies, i never seen an anenome die in two days when it looked fine day one :confused:

i did a drip acclimation process with the lights off

1st day , i have to go to work so i just put it in there. i have 2 maxijet and nano koralia, say about 8 hrs later, came home from work .anenome was in the same spot i left it. i saw brown swirly thing screting out of its mouth, now i seen this b4 and b4 the secretion just return back into its mouth. thats what i figure would happen. so i left it and hope it will heal

2nd day water got cloudy, the anenome was melting and slowly dying:(

what can be the problem? it looked fine when i recieved it, but i never saw it open up

my parms was fine, my other anenome is fine. i have 2 gold bar maroon clowns can they have killed it?

these clowns loves to kick sand all over the place too

just would like to know what else can kill it that quick.

any answer would be great

TIA

by melting and dying what do you mean, was it shriveled or falling apart. and when you say second day do you mean when the lights came on or mid day caus emine always shrivels up at night and when i turn the lights on he opens right back up

You didn't mention your nitrates ... how are they?

I've read that the anemones are extremely sensitive to high nitrates ... it's hard to say because our tank water has never measured less than 25 in nitrates and yet our anemones were wicked happy.

How big is this nem ? High flow can cause stress and if it cannot split, it will just die and melt down.

EpicTouch 4G

Large Image Link (285 kB)

This what it looked like after I came home from work, and I flashlight it

Oh geez ... that looks really really bad ... I'd take it out and put it in a QT tank or something with some rocks and small power head .... so that if it dies, at least it doesn't take your tank with him ...

Back