Building a 10 gallon sump ... need help with parts and how to

AC_Rhino

Non-member
So I'm wanting to build a 10 gallon sump for my 40GB tank. Right now the tank has a HOB protein skimmer, HOB refurgium, an aquaclear 20 (being replaced by sump), and a fluval 205 (also being replaced by sump). My plans are to remove the mechanical filters (aquaclear and fluval) and add a 10 gallon sump. My 40 GB is not drilled and the glass is tempered so I'm looking for an overflow system.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone any already have a 10 gallon sump with overflow and return that they want to sell?
  2. Does anyone have part of an 10 gallon sump (sump, overflow, or return) that they want to sell?
  3. If I can't find a used sump I was probably going to build one out of a standard 10 gallon tank (I was going to put it on a dolly for easy rolling) ... are there any specific designs I should look at or are there any good pre-made ones I can buy online? I wasn't able to find anything on amazon that I liked.
  4. If I can't find a used over flow I'm looking at getting this (Eshopps PF300 Overflow Box for Aquariums) ... any comments/tips?
  5. Any other tips for plumbing, overflow prevention, keeping things safe, etc?
If anyone has pics of a 10 gallon sump they have or if you can provide any other insight that would be great.

Thanks guys and dolls.

Not much info on how to build sump. What kind of hob skimmer do you have. I have a 15gl sump that came with my 40b setup that in not using.

This is what I have

Attachments

• B8B4172A-02B3-4405-819C-66FF2476B0BD.jpeg
    B8B4172A-02B3-4405-819C-66FF2476B0BD.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 183
PM sent. I have everything you need (CPR Overflow, 10g Sump, Plumbing to and from tank) and am trying to majorly downsize so the price will be stellar. Shoot me a text and I'll send you pictures.

Back