Calcium at 560ppm

Bobbofin

Non-member
Had issue with doser. Alk was low, calcium high. Fixed doser. Water parameters are:
temp 77°
pH 8.1
alk 9.3
cal 560
mag 1400

Thought my Salifert calcium test was off but tested bucket of Aquaforest water change and got 450 ppm. Changing 5 gallons a week and only dosing alk. is a mixed reef with a dozen corals: SPS, LPS, Zoas. How long do you think it will take to get down to 425-450 ppm so I can start dosing calcium again?

I think it depends on what your normal daily consumption of the 2 part had the doser not malfunctioned or prior to it malfunctioning. Calcium takes longer to drop unlike alkalinity. My guess is about 2 weeks. Test every 3 days to see calcium drop and you can predict exactly when it will hit 450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no benefit to keep calcium level that high.
There is no difference in growth when you keep calcium at 360 or 450.
There were studies showed that coral did not grow faster with higher calcium level over 360 ppm.

Around 400, gives or take 20 ppm.

My personal opinion is to keep on dosing bud go half or 3/3 half so in case you do a water change it does not drop you level dramatically and test it every other day to see where you at and try to do it at the same timeframe that's my personal opinion [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back