Calcium Reactor DIY : need access to CNC Router and drill press...

mind

Non-member
Hi All,

I still don't have a tank stand for my 525XL glass, but I am planning ahead and I want to DIY a Calcium Reactor similar to the Geos Reef 618 model.

I need access to:
- a CNC router to cut the flanges and o-ring groove
- a drill press with vise to cut an offset hole into a acrylic tube

I am looking for recommendation on where to get access to a CNC router somewhere north of Boston (DIY homebuild would work provided it has a 12x12 cut area)

Will need the following capability on CNC router:
- end-mill bit to cut an o-ring groove
- plunge cutter to cut holes and offset holes for the removable flange

Will need the following with drill press:
- plunge cut a hole for 3/4" uni-seal into acrylic tube

Obviously, willing to pay for access in cash/beer/etc. Bonus points if it is in the Woburn/Stoneham area. Thanks!

-R
ps: I might want to make a skimmer after this too :)

mind

Non-member
Design done. Reactor could be scaled up too, if needed. Sooo..... who has access to a CNC router and wants to make a new friend ? :)

CaRx.PNG

mind

Non-member
Calcium Reactor finished. Same design principles as a Geos 612 (I have never seen one in real life, but it seems obvious what is happening from the photos online).

Thumbnail below and image attached.

Notes :
- I need more red silicone tubing to make the two pipes match in color.
- Black 1/2 fittings are more expensive than white and some fittings are just not available.

Calcium Reactor.jpg

mind

Non-member
I have a Cnc are you looking for one still
I used the CNC wood router at Cambridge Hackspace.... but it is crap. Axes cannot be aligned due to stripped threads/etc.

Is yours a personal CNC in your garage type thing, or one at work ? Also, what sort of CNC machine is it?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Very nice and well done. I like the combination of soft and hard tubing which make changing media easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Saturday April 20, 2019
BRS April Meeting
Taunton VFW
82 Ingell St
Taunton, MA