calcium reactor tuning.

Joel A

Started over.
ok, so i understand the gist of it... but i'm having a HORRIBLE time trying to get my effluent to stay constant... its a john guest fitting, with a needle valve to control the flow, and it will be flowing as hard as 90ml/minute and i'll come back in a few hours to see no flow at all out of it...

what is going on?

I would say you might want to go to a regular John Guest elbow on the top of your reactor and move the needle valve fitting to the end of the line where it drips. By doing this you will get consistent full pressure all the way to the end of the line and then just an elbow to navigate when you drop the pressure down to your drip rate. It's possible that having all that 1/4 tubing to navigate after the needle valve is causing inconsistent pressure by the time it reaches the end of the line. BTW, I have some fittings around if you have time to swing by.....:D

that's my man lol.

i did cut the line some, but i'm going to snip it some more too so i can get even less of a travel for the water...

cutting it and moving the line actually seemed to do the trick for now... i'll let it run a while and see if it stays fairly constant.

When you reduce that flow to a drip like you want, you are removing almost all of the back pressure behind the flow, actually to almost zero. It stands to reason that with a lot of 1/4 in. line to go through, it could lose just a little more pressure and stop entirely...........lmk if you need anything.......

Back