Can anyone Identify this?

Fragged Up

Non-member
I'm not sure what the first one is with the clown in it but the other pic is a bunch of individual tiny anenomes? Not sure at all , but I can tell you they spread like crazy!:confused:

Sorry the pics are not that clear but I hope clear enough!!!

Attachments

• new 1 058.jpg
    new 1 058.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 171
  • new 1 060.jpg
    new 1 060.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Not sure on the first, but the second looks like Majano Anemones. They are a pest and can take over your tank killing other corals.

That's what Ray (EVERYTHING REEF) thought they were. They are taking over, I have a ton of them in the tank. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

I don't have any personal experiance with the berghia but I've heard that they don't eat the manjano.
The first pic looks like a rhodactus mushroom. The sencond is manjano. Joes juice makes them splitt. It looks like it worked at first, but then you'll end up with 2 or 3 new manjano in it's place. Racoon butterfly fish eat them, I used one to clean up manjano's. It looked to have done a good job, but when I removed the fish I had hundreds of them everywhere. When the fish eats them he shreds them, small pieces end up all over the place. When the fish is gone they all grow in. Some people have had good luck leaving the fish in the tank, but some like myself end up with a fish that moves on to zoas, lps and clams after the manjanos are thinned out.

Calcium oxide kills them. I mix a small amount of rodi water with a table spoon of calcium oxide making a thick paste. Give it a couple seconds to cool off, the calcium oxide gets very hot when mixed with water. Then I pull it up into a syringe and try and inject it into the manjano while it's still open. I leave a small amount of paste on the rock over the manjano as well. I haven't had any manjanos live or splitt using the calcium oxide. I'm not sure if calcium hydroxide would work (probably) I didn't want to risk having the manjano splitt, so I took calcium hydroxide and baked a small amount on a cookie sheet at 350 for an hour. Baking it will remove the hydrogen and turn it into calcium oxide.

Back