Cheap Fans?

Every single PC I send to the grave yard from my firm gets their fans removed. I have a stock pile of them. Anyone interested I can certainly hook you up for free.

I would be extremely interested, but, I don't have the ability to wire electronics. I live in Maine, but 'd be more than willing to pay shipping. If you could wire some up, maybe I could trade a couple zoanthid frags?

naturebatslast said:
I would be extremely interested, but, I don't have the ability to wire electronics.

DC fans are really easy to wire up. There are only two wires, just try it one way, if it doesn't work, try it the other way. It's just which is the positive and negative wire. I've got a couple of extra AC adapters that I can trade or sell. You can run two 4 inch computer fans from one adapter.

I bought panaflo fans for my hood. Virtually silent with good cfm (30cfm, 21 dba?). Use DC ones and use an old dc adapter from an old radio or toy (I keep all mine). Then any 5 volt will do. I had old 80mm case fans in my old setup. NIGHTMARE loud.

spend a few bucks on good/quite fans. You will not regret cutting noise where possible.

search for my previous posts last may to see the project...

Back