good cheap fans

Steve H

Formerly sch1013
I picked up 2 of these at Walmart today they are about $13 each. The best part is the adjustable direction, my tank was at almost 86 yesterday right now its at 78.3.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 198
made a bracket out of some scrap MDF, not the best looking solution but a lot cheaper then a chiller

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 200
Nice job Steve.
Now youve got the temp under control,maybe its time to empty that skimmer :D

Thanks Liam, I emptied the skimmer right after the picture, I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to point that out :rolleyes:

Nice skimmate,is the fish food holding the lid on,i had that problem with my deltec.

that still require your room to be AC right? No way a couple of fan can lower the temp by 8 degree.

this is me said:
that still require your room to be AC right? No way a couple of fan can lower the temp by 8 degree.
I would think if placed correctly they could. Ever seen a swamp cooler? They use them down south a lot. They trickle water down a mesh filter while sucking air in through them and out another end. You'd be amazed at how evaporation can cool something. Here's a link about it. http://www.wonderquest.com/swamp-coolers.htm

They are about as loud as a typical fan, I think they are pretty quiet. I am still running my central AC although I keep it at 78, the tank is down to 77.2. I actually just turned up my tank heater a little, time to buy a controller.

Back