Chipped my new tank

ShelleyBoston

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I just got my new nano AIO tank in the mail today (Fluval Evo 13.5 peninsula kit) and while I was performing the water test I accidentally chipped the bottom corner of tank.
The chip is very small I was just wondering if this is something that can be repaired or is the tank trash which I have a feeling its the case.
Not to mention I'm beside myself.

Here is a picture.
20161005_200804[1].jpg

while chipping the tank causes your heart to skip a beat or two, i don't think that chip is too bad. i would do another water test, mark the water level, let it sit for 24 hours, and see if anything changes. i might also toss some silicone on the area for good measure. can you make that corner the back side of the tank for aesthetic purposes?

I m most afraid of a water leak, can it be trusted? since the tank is a peninsula it can't make it the back of the tank but is very small no worry about how it looks as much as finding the 13.5 gallons on my floor when I come home from work..

Simple. How much damage would it create vs the cost of the tank. 13 gallons of salt water can be really bad.

That's a bummer =/... Honestly - the silicon will probably hold up just fine (especially with 13g). If it does leak, it will develop as a slow leak (not catastrophic). You could add a bit more silicon on the outside to prevent any further chipping. I do not see a hairline developing, but if there is - that would be a dealbreaker. That said - if you're going to be worrying about it for the life of the tank, replace it.

Guys, she said he accidentally chipped the tank while doing the water test. :confused:

I know. But the post said "it came in the mail today." The "it looks like shipping damage" comments are implying that if it was delivered that day, you could claim it was damaged during shipment and looked that way when the package was open. At least that's how I interpreted the responses and intended with mine.

Well thank you for all the advice, the cost of taking a chance is not worth the constant worry, so I ordered a new tank Im going to go with the IM Nuvo 10 and probably offer this one for sale dirt cheap. Good for a DIYer,

The IM Nuvo 10 is a great little tank, you'll enjoy it! I would not trust that chip either...

Yep, the 20g had so many issues I got discouraged took it down and sold everything looking back a regretful decision...

Well thank you for all the advice, the cost of taking a chance is not worth the constant worry, so I ordered a new tank Im going to go with the IM Nuvo 10 and probably offer this one for sale dirt cheap. Good for a DIYer,
pm me wjhen you ready to sell this one I may take a chance and upgrade my 3.7 gallon

Did you end up claiming it as "shipping damage" to their customer service? I imagine they would almost certainly replace it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nah, I respect everyone's opinion and way of dealing with issues but it would go against my believes so I bought another tank...

Back