Choosing a CO2 Regulator

PSU4ME

BRS Member
Looking for some help on which co2 regulator to buy. I'm going to purchase a lifereef ca reactor and he offers a regulator for $140. Then I see the reef fanatic regualtor for about the same price and then Milwakee regulator for about $85.

I get a small sense of you pay for what you get but I see bad reviews on everything.

What do you guys think? Any different brand you'd look into?

Thanks Matt - I was just looking at your post where you were selling yours. I know they are the best and i guess I was looking to see if there was anything less that was worth it. Wife is ready to beat me up, might have to play the jedi mind trick on this one.... :)

Yeah the thing worked flawless when I was using a calcium reactor. I switched directions with my tank and ditched most of my SPS so my tanks demand did not warrant me keeping the calcium reactor. Even now I dose Kalk through a timed doser and is not even at my daily evaporation rate. I have a few chalices, a couple of montis, zoas, a wellso (avatar) and a plate besides my Ritteri so I may never need to go beyond kalk.

Don't skim on the regulator. It can make or break your CA RX set up. I went through many Milwaki(junk) and finally settled with an Aqualine Buske. The AB was good but if I ever have to set up my CA RX back again, I would get the aquarium plant.
I'm using 2-parts dosing now. Much less headache than CA RX.

Back