Clown pair

CapeReefer

Non-member
So I have Longfin Phantom Clownfish pair that are bonded. I’ve been considering selling them but not really sure how much they are worth. I’ve been told they go for $600 at LFS’s mine are about 2-1/2” to 3”. Anyone know what I could get for them?

Attachments

• 3747D3A9-AD6D-449C-B0D6-E0AED3992392.jpeg
    3747D3A9-AD6D-449C-B0D6-E0AED3992392.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 9F5C6F2F-EAAD-486B-9763-9638E597545C.jpeg
    9F5C6F2F-EAAD-486B-9763-9638E597545C.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 136
You would need to find someone who REALLY wanted them for anything near that price. Since pairing clowns is relatively trivial, many people might be less inclined to pay more for them than individual clowns. Also, I don't think TSM is a very fair comparison-- since they have a super complicated QT/treatment/conditioning protocol.

Ultimately only the market can tell you what the market will pay. Good luck!

I was just in touch with A supplier regarding long-finned black ice clowns. They wanted $300 for the pair. These look very similar to them. If you can send me some pics maybe we can work something out

If anyone is considering selling anything reef related, please upgrade your membership to PAID, as it's only fair to the hundreds of paying members here.

If anyone is considering selling anything reef related, please upgrade your membership to PAID, as it's only fair to the hundreds of paying members here.

I understand that , I was only seeing if anyone knew what I could get for them so I can make up my mind if I would want to sell them. This was not a WTS post . I don’t know the value of these clowns so I made a discussion. These clowns were gifted to me and I don’t have room for them which is why they are in my QT. I was thinking of selling to a coworker but wanted to know what a pair goes for before telling him a price.

I understand that , I was only seeing if anyone knew what I could get for them so I can make up my mind if I would want to sell them. This was not a WTS post . I don’t know the value of these clowns so I made a discussion. These clowns were gifted to me and I don’t have room for them which is why they are in my QT. I was thinking of selling to a coworker but wanted to know what a pair goes for before telling him a price.
I understand you're intentions, but when someone replies back to send some pics and see if y'all can work something out, starts to look like a sale to me.

Back