Complete Disaster!

Sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. I will check my temp controller probe and make sure it’s securely in place when I get home.
Good idea! The probe was just sticking up in the air and was reading the tank as 60 (ambient temp in the basement) and kept heating the tank!

Aw man, that’s the worst. In just a couple of hours too. Sorry to hear it. Don’t give up though, get the 125 online and just start again. I’m sure some people around here would donate a frag to get you going again. I know I will. I just have some basics, but if you need a green slimer or some Zoas, let me know

Aw man, that’s the worst. In just a couple of hours too. Sorry to hear it. Don’t give up though, get the 125 online and just start again. I’m sure some people around here would donate a frag to get you going again. I know I will. I just have some basics, but if you need a green slimer or some Zoas, let me know
That’s awesome Chad and greatly appreciated! I just may take you up on that offer. Very kind of you!

Feel your pain man.
Two summers ago while I was down the cape heat wave happened and the tanks in my house all over heated lost two reefs and two dart frog vivariums.
Take your time, take a step back and then jump back in.

Feel your pain man.
Two summers ago while I was down the cape heat wave happened and the tanks in my house all over heated lost two reefs and two dart frog vivariums.
Take your time, take a step back and then jump back in.
Damn man! Sorry to hear that! That might have been the last straw if I were in that position! All I have left are 1 clown, a small blue tang and 3 different wrasses that are all in QT. I think I'm going to set them up in a 40 breeder for now while I set up my new 125 build.

Damn man! Sorry to hear that! That might have been the last straw if I were in that position! All I have left are 1 clown, a small blue tang and 3 different wrasses that are all in QT. I think I'm going to set them up in a 40 breeder for now while I set up my new 125 build.
It took my time got stuff slowly abs have a nice reef again

This is sad. So sorry to read this. It happened to me last year on my 10 AIO where my heater exploded (?) and cooked my tank to 105 degrees. Lost everything which was sad bc I had 50 different types of exotic zoas and this awesome flame chalice that i grew from a quarter size.

I rebuilt and over time it will return to its former glory (or even better). Just be patient and hopeful. Happy Holiday and best wishes.

My condolences to you on your losses. Unfortunately that trial an error has occurred to me as well and many others that happen to all of us abs like you say we continue to strive and make better of the worst.
You will bounce back better than ever and will be good to go. Patience goes a long way and I’ve learned that the hard way as well chief. Wish you well and if you need some help please advise. That’s what this is all about.
Happy reefing.

Back