Coralline Algae on Live Rock Dissapearing. Help Please

So P-Nut - I guess my Alk is a little high according to the LiveAquaria.com chart?

BOB - How would I lower my ALK ?

Assuming my numbers are correct, then yes it is a kittle high. It will drop on its own. I wouldnt touch it, and your test could be measuring high also.

Agree,
Just don't dose anything and it should drop.
If not,water changes to bring it back down are best.

Okay - sounds good. I'll stop being a mad scientist & blindly dosing......... I should have known better but you listen to this one & that one, read this post & that post........... By the time your done, your either pulling your hair out or you have 20 bottles lined up on the counter & another 20 on the way in the mail. In my case, Both!!! Thanks for all your advice......... I need to slowwwwwww my roll LOL.

Hahah. Yes, it deffinitely can be a little bit of info overload. I still have questions after a lot of years.

In this hobby, slow and steady definitely wins. And a lot of research.

By the way, what salt do you use?

I purchase Premixed from my LFS - They use Red Sea Coral Pro Reef Mix. It's relatively inexpressive at $1.00 per gallon & easier on the old back. They use RO water which I don't have an RO unit & will not purchase one. I trust their water is best for my little tank. Much easier to take my two buckets & drive down the street, about 4 miles, get my water, look at all the fish n corals and make the short drive home, besides, it get's me out of the house for some air & peace of mind.

Back