Corals from Greg Hiller available at the BRS annual auction tomorrow

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Here's what I'll have for the auction for tomorrow. As always anything I donate will be free of any coral parasites.

Photos are all here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0k5t0mekp89mxm/KC0Ry7JE-_

1. Rainbow Favia - tank raised, fully healed, just about the most beautiful coral I've ever seen, and NO I did not fiddle with the colors in any way. Does not need lot of light or flow. Can be fed, but not necessary. Seems to be hardy. Photo is of frag available.

All photos are of the same coral (I thought it deserved 3 photos!...only one available). Slow growing.

2. Dave and Gina (remember them?!?) McReeferson's green and red Acanthastrea - photo is of frag available

3. Green Pavona - giant beautiful colony - very hardy, tolerant of low light and low flow. Photo of the colony and a close up. The ENTIRE colony is up for auction.

4. Blue Ridge coral - Very hardy - 'the living fossil' - no significant changes in millions of years - Heliopora caerulea - photo is of the large complete colony up for auction

5. Acropora tortousa, very hardy, original source unknown - 1-2" frag will be available

6. Emerald and Ruby Ricordea 'baby' - 2 photos, one of very large polyp - fully grown, the other is of one of the two 'baby' Ricordeas that will be available. These 'babies' were fragged several months ago and are fully healed. They are attached to small pieces of plastic which have been super glued to larger rocks. In time they will attach to the rocks on their own.

7. Emerald and Ruby Ricordea 'baby'

8. Green centered large polyped Caulastrea - VERY hardy, does well under low to moderate light - photo is of actual mini colony available for auction

9. Greenish Clavularia - clove polyps - very hardy, beginner coral, encrusts - photo is of colony available for auction

10. Larry Jackson's purple-tip Acropora - photo is NOT of frag available, but will be very similar

11. Montipora aequituberculata / M. capricornis - bright green morph - VERY hardy and fast growing - photo is of mother colony

12. Montipora undata - very hardy, moderate growth rate, can become nearly solid purple under very strong lighing - photo is of mother colony

13. Pinkish Kenya tree coral - very hardy, fast growing beginners coral, tolerant of low to very strong light - photo is of the two colonies available.

14. Pinkish Kenya tree coral

15. Purple flower petal Montipora capricornis - originally from BRS member - very fast growing and hardy - photo is of frag, but not THE frag

16. Purple Montipora capricornis - very fast growing and hardy - photo is of frag, but not THE frag

17. Sanjay Joshi's purple Efflatounaria - purple soft coral - photosynthetic - hardy and fast growing, does well under moderate to strong light - photo is of mother colony, but frag will be very similar

18. Yellow Turbinara (reneformis?) - yellow scroll coral, hardy, but slow growing - photo is of mother colony

OK, I know I said to out bid Bob, if he starts bidding. This one excluded. Boy would I love that Rainbow Favia in our tank...

Yup,I remember Dave and Gina.
Wonder if they get back in the hobby once their little frag grows up?:eek:

Nice corals,Greg.

OK, I know I said to out bid Bob, if he starts bidding. This one excluded. Boy would I love that Rainbow Favia in our tank...

Hmmm I was thinking it would look great in my tank! Get ready to rumble!!!

Hmmm I was thinking it would look great in my tank! Get ready to rumble!!!

Wait... what?!?! We have to have a tank for this whole auction thing?

I was thinking if I bid high enough that a tank would come with my winnings.

:D

I heard that, There will be a couple small tanks you can bid on....

May you'll get lucky and the 60 cube from last year will come back :)

You guys stay off my rainbow favia!
I will have a paddle and I am not afraid to use it.

Back