Critters that eat aiptasia please??

Steviereefs

Non-member
I know I can google it but I'd like to hear it from my fellow reefers and it may help someone else as well on this forum. I searched briefly on this forum and the results are mixed, I want a critter that will eat my aiptasia. So I know

1. Peppermint shrimp
2. Copperband butterfly
3. Berghia Nudibranch

I know there are more but can't remember, one particular that I'm interested in looks kinda puffer/trigger like not so pretty, does someone know this one?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

In my 90 a few years ago I started to get a lot of Aiptasia so I went out and got six Peppermints and a Copperband, I know this is not much help but I never saw them go near any of the Aiptasia but a week later the tank was clear of it. One or both must have been feeding at night.

Jim

In my 90 a few years ago I started to get a lot of Aiptasia so I went out and got six Peppermints and a Copperband, I know this is not much help but I never saw them go near any of the Aiptasia but a week later the tank was clear of it. One or both must have been feeding at night.

Jim
This makes sense completely. Not something that comes to everyone's mind right away because we would prefer one and done, but cost effective really the shrimp aren't bad and the copperband is beautiful. I like better odds thanks for the reality check LOL.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

The matted file fish worked well. Ate all the aptasia then Xenia. Unfortunately, when they were gone, it went after acans and went to the LFS.

Back