custom rimless starphire aquarium

I guess I could have been a little more clear on my proposed design. Surface skimming is, of course, a must. I still want to utilize a overflow box but just to cover the holes in the back pain of glass instead of running the height of the tank to accommodate holes in the bottom. Basically what I want to do is have an overflow box with dimensions of 8''x2''x6'' with two 2'' drains (Herbie method) and the return will have a single 3/4'' hole drilled in the back corner just beneath the water level. I want to have the turnover rate in the sump as low as possible and up the turnover in the display with two alternating mp40w's putting me somewhere around 45x with the return pump. I could also use a referral for a good/reliable return pump around 700GPH. After compensating for head loss this GPH rate should be just above the rate of the pump for my skimmer. Questions, comments and concerns are invited........
I'm extremely worried about GC now and I will not be using them for my display. Customer satisfaction is huge and I refuse to spend that kind of money and not be happy with every aspect of the tank. I know a guy back home that went through Miracles and his tank is top notch so I will be giving them a call.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back