Cyclopeeze Feeding

Salty hands

Non-member
How are people feeding Cyclopeeze? I have mostly LPS corals and don't know whether to mix with tank water and turkey baste the corals, or just release it into the water and let the current take it where it will. ...And what about quantity?

I just break off a small piece and let it dissolve in my fingers in the tank. It blows all over the tank. The fish go crazy for it.

How are people feeding Cyclopeeze? I have mostly LPS corals and don't know whether to mix with tank water and turkey baste the corals, or just release it into the water and let the current take it where it will. ...And what about quantity?

How big is your tank? And how full of big, polypy corals, and planktivorous fish is it?

If you want to target feed individual LPS corals I'd use something bigger then cyclo. For frozen foods I usually make a mix of cyclopeeze, rotto, daphnia, and plankton and freeze them into cubes for feeding the tank at midday the fish and corals get some before the skimmer turns back on. In the evenings I use clam, mysis, and squid to target feed the corals the larger stuff so I dont have to do it as often, more meat less feedings :)

Nate - The tank is a standard AGA 90G reef. I've got a large (9") candy cane, hammer, frogspawn a few caps and softies.

I like Cardiak's idea of mixing the Cyclopeeze with some meatier stuff and target feed. It seemed a bit wasteful just releasing it in the water column. My fish are a little on the larger side and pretty much ignored the stuff.

I am definately open to some more recipes....

Back