Deep Blue (Solar Extreme Lighting)

erikjphillips

Non-member
Has anyone had to contact the customer service people at this company? i'm really starting to wonder if they know what is going on. I had a 4X48 t5 that started to crap out last week. its less than 6 months old and 2 bulbs have blown out and now i cant get the newer bulbs to light up. When i gave them a detailed explanation of how 2 of the 4 bulbs will not illuminate, the response i got was something to the effect of "is there power to the unit." unreal. and the only way to contact anyone at this company is VIA e-mail. there is NO phone number listed ANYWHERE for me to call them. this is one of the most frustrating companys i have ever had to deal with so far.........

They are great with customer service, but it is all through the vendor that you purchased the light through. I would contact the vendor you purchased the light from, they should be able to take care of it. If it was an older unit Deep Blue did have a few issues with a batch of ballasts, and have taken care of every one that we had a problem with.

so after over a week i have finally got an "answer" from deep blue. the solution was that they are giving me a new light. However, i have to send my light to them directly before they will send me a new light. they REFUSE to give me a phone number to contact them, instead they e-mail with a minimum of one day gaps between responses from deep blues end(my emails go directly to my cell and are immediately responded to). I'm close to filing a complaint with the BBB because this is absurd. My LFS has made several attempts to contact deep blue as well as going through his rep. unfortunately i may end up breaking the tank down, selling everything in it and selling the new light when it comes back in. i will never purchase anything from this company again if i decide to get back into the hobby in the event of a break down and will make sure i tell as many people i can who are on the market for a new light fixture. horrible.

that is strange??? your LFS IMO is wrong. There is only one distributor for DB and they have an open return policy. I can not believe that you are having such a hard time with this light. We sell tons of Deep Blue products, they are great products. the few we have had issues with are taken care of with no problems. As a matter of fact if you bought the light from us, we have a 1 year no questions asked return policy with Deep Blue lighting fixtures. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with them, they really are an excellent product for the money. I would hate to see you get out of the hobby over this. If your LFS can't resolve this, which they should with no problem, then you may speak with me on this matter and I can offer any help that I can to help resolve the issue.

The problem has now become an issue of getting the light to the store. Deep Blue is requesting that the store give me a unit that is in stock. My LFS is VERY small and doesnt stock lights (I have to order GAG and GFO its so small). so now the store owner is saying he wont purchase the light from deep blue. soooo frustrating. again, this could have been taken care of almost 2 weeks ago with 2 phone calls total. instead its back and forth with the emails.

so my new light arrived from deep blue today, shipped to my house by UPS. no problems there. i just want to clarify why i chose to give this review. The light itself is a great light when it works. do i expect this to happen from time to time? absolutely. there is not one product on the market that has not been defective at one time or another. in my OPINION, a product is only as good as the company that produces it and the customer service they provide. the major single issue i had with deep blue and the customer service that was provided was the lack of communication. on several occasions i requested phone calls to explain the situation and to expedite the resolution. not one phone call or phone number. however, on the invoice that was provided in the package today was a phone number for deep blue. i will not post it because its their choice to operate the way they do. when i am on the market for lights in a couple of years to go over a 300 gallon i dont know if i will chose deep blue. if the company offers a more direct way of contacting them then maybe i will. i know one thing is for sure i will research every company i buy equipment from to ensure i am able to contact them in the event that something like this should happen again. And B- Thank you for the offer, it was truly appreciated and if i am ever on that side of the state shopping for coral or reef needs i will certainly stop in.

Back