Digital thermometer

bruinsboy70

Non-member
I was wondering what type of thermometers people are using
I have been using the glass liquid ones but am thinking about going to a digital ones. Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

I use both just because I dont trust digital alone. I had a cheap digital on my old tank that ended up being almost 5* off. I went back to a glass type for that reason, then when I picked up my apex it came with a temp probe. The apex probe is almost dead on with the glass one but ill keep both in as a failsafe.

The digital ones are really nice, but they tend to get less accurate as they get older. I use them, but I occasionally compare them with a glass one just to see if they're wearing out. I also use those strips on the outside of the tank as one more way to keep an eye on things.

I use a hanna handheld temp and TDS to check the newly mixed water. Otherwise, I read the temps from my controller.

I have a Lifegard Big Digital temp probe with alarm. I love it and it is easy to read. I also have 2 cobalt neotherm digital heaters with led read outs - one in sump and one in corner overflow. Both of these tell temp as well.

I was wondering what type of thermometers people are using
I have been using the glass liquid ones but am thinking about going to a digital ones. Any suggestions?

Keep your eye open for the "arduino group build"

I think the first project will be a temp controller :)

Thanks for all the input. I will continue to use the liquid tube type but need to add a digital because my eyes don't see as well as they used too

Back