Dinner time!

Leadfootedracer

Non-member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454194977.196352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454194983.594744.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454194989.677220.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454194995.661398.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454195001.944884.jpg

Fed the tank with its weekly phytoplankton, and fed the fish frozen brine with the new garlic soak I'm trying out. Everyone looked pretty happy with it.

Also moved the firefish over today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where to you have you war favia in the tank I have one but it's slowing receding. I have seen them in super high light areas but I'm just trying to figure out flow and lighting needs.

Where to you have you war favia in the tank I have one but it's slowing receding. I have seen them in super high light areas but I'm just trying to figure out flow and lighting needs.

Bottom of the tank, was on the sand when i first got it. I moved it up 1" to mount it to the rock. There is no direct flow on it. It has yet to spread onto the rock (been about a week) but I have seen new eyes. It had several large eyes, and now it has several large, a couple medium, and a few small ones.

https://vimeo.com/153646977

Quick video of lights out (lunar LEDs running) with the flash on, showing the placement in reference to the sand, and the type of flow it sees. Tentacles are more active at night and easier to demonstrate the flow.

Did some tank cleaning this morning so I figured I'd post a FTS since you asked for an update.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456256489.025568.jpg

I know, the glare is less than ideal.

Awesome Pics. Every Picture is crystal clear. My Fave is the Firefish. Such an overlooked fish. I think they make a Reef tank.

Awesome Pics. Every Picture is crystal clear. My Fave is the Firefish. Such an overlooked fish. I think they make a Reef tank.

I love them too. I just wish they weren't so scared of the foxface. I put an acrylic sheet into the tank to keep them separated during feeding because they hide when the foxface wanders over to that side. They don't fight, compete for food, or anything like that. I think it's just the dramatic size difference that spooks them.

It's a Coralife 4 bulb T5HO with lunar LED's. It has ATI 54W bulbs in it. One each of Blue+, purple+, actinic, and coral+. I lay books across the top to shield the light from the camera, otherwise the pictures are insanely terrible.

Back