DIY LED Bio-Orb fixture

Let me know if anyone is interested in a little project :)

Not sure if I have the time but if you answer a few questions I might be able to do it;

What are the dimensions of the tank and do you have a hood that it could be retrofitted into. If it is to be retrofitted what is the available space and is it possible to add fan cooling?

What kind of corals would you like to keep. This would be a cost factor since the lower output led are cheaper and more readily available.

Would you want the royal blues and white on separate ballast for dimming purposes, again that is a cost factor 2 drivers versus 1.

Evillc66 on nano-reefers.com, the guy is truly a LED God. I believe he's an electrical engineer that is nutz about LED's. He putting together a step by step approach for building LED units. He makes some really nice 24" LED fixtures

step by step guide soon to be released.
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175640&st=100&start=100

If your interested, and have some cash laying around, we could make a very nice LED fixture.

Nice! Thanks for the link :)

-Mike

Not sure if I have the time but if you answer a few questions I might be able to do it;

What are the dimensions of the tank and do you have a hood that it could be retrofitted into. If it is to be retrofitted what is the available space and is it possible to add fan cooling?

What kind of corals would you like to keep. This would be a cost factor since the lower output led are cheaper and more readily available.

Would you want the royal blues and white on separate ballast for dimming purposes, again that is a cost factor 2 drivers versus 1.

5.5 gal tank but the area i want to light is about 12" x 7" Nothing to fancy as its going on my desk at work.

1 driver is fine. just to keep softies and some not to light intensive lps (maybe)

I dont have anything that can be retrofitted but I do have a heat sink and passably a mount for it.

LMK Thanks.

Back