DIY Return and Spray bar?

Cherokee_Dude

Non-member
I'm trying to determine THE BEST way to configure a Spray bay and return line configuration. I've got a Dolphin AMP Master 2000gph+ pump that I'm using for a return from an in stand sump. Any ideas on material to use {Black PVC possibly???} or return designs? Dimensions are 48 x 30 x 18.

I don't like the OM since I hear it'll require periodic cleanings or else it will freeze, plus I've got 4 Koralia 3's already.

Help me get some ideas?!?!?! Please.

Check out my post in reef talk titled "How am I doing" If you like the spraybar I will give you all the specs. I dont like it because its an eyesore(i want to drill my tank) but it works well. If I were to do it again I would use black PVC.

Ah ha...I built a black spray bar for my 120 with directional outlets. Used 1/2 pvc and threaded T's with 90 degree threaded elbows. Spray painted plastic with black Krylon. But had to reduce the outlets because my overflow wasn't quick enough with two 1"dia. for a flow down to the basement. If I throttled back the return pump my flow was still slow. Then I thought that I wanted a slow flow to the sump and refugium to allow my skimmer, media reactor and refugium to work at the right speed so water was not rushing through the system fast. I modified the spray bar with Hydro's on both sides. And yes they do gunk up and need an occasional cleaning.

I have done similar to Leroy but instead of flow rotators I tapped the pvc and used several loc-line nozzles for directional ability.

Thanks everyone! How often do you have to clean the spray bars? I might just tap the bar after all and do small locline... Still deciding :) Any pics? I'm not an engineer and they sure do help ;)

Back