Excess DIY food

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
I’m not sure what thread would be the right for this, but I was planning on making my own food. I am not even set up yet, so it might be a while. I don’t know what the price would be, and know that might affect someone’s decision, but if I make food, and have excess would people be interested in buying any?

I’m not sure what thread would be the right for this, but I was planning on making my own food. I am not even set up yet, so it might be a while. I don’t know what the price would be, and know that might affect someone’s decision, but if I make food, and have excess would people be interested in buying any?
assumed cost would help i’m sure

assumed cost would help i’m sure
Still would need to find everything, but a rough estimate from what I just looked would be around $3.00 per oz for something similar to Rods Original, but this could change depending on what I decide to add or not add. Just kind of curious if there would be interest at the right cost. I am going to start my cycle as soon as everything is in, and don’t anticipate needing a ton of food over the 1st year. It is only a 45gal with probably 7 fish introduced over the first 4-6 months, then adding coral when it is stable. Even after that I think the 5/6 lbs of food will be too much. It seems like something I would enjoy doing, and cheaper than buying commercially available food.

I make my food with a bag of frozen mixed seafood from Aldi's, some salmon and a bag of shrimp. Pop it in the food processor and then put them in freezer bags. They'll last for you quite a long time.

Back