DIY: Sump Build Neo Large....

lickwidspace

Starting to get it (FNG)
...And any other Keywords you want to use to describe this. :D
I just picked up my new sump from Gustavo (NeO) today.

1 word... or phrase rather..... OMG! :eek:

This thing is absolutely amazing.... I can't even describe how beautiful this thing is.

I contacted Gustavo about 3 weeks ago, with what I was looking to have built... In a few days he sent me his design and the blueprints he came up with for it. After a few more emails the project was finalized and construction was started... Gustavo built it and the following week (today) it was ready for its new home.

So today myself and a friend went to Gustavo's to pick up the beast. Yes I needed a friend to help move this thing ;)

Sorry I cant show any pics of it, busted camera. So this is going to be just a little tease for now, pics will come...

My main reason for this post was to just express my thanks to Gustavo again for his work. The time, thought, and effort he put forth on this project is above and beyond any expectations I had. He brought us down to his "shop", we put down a couple beers, and he showed us the basics of working with Acrylics and how his tanks are built. And also went on to show some other awesome projects he's working on...

Again, Gustavo thank you for everything, I could not be happier....

Pics to come soon... stayed tued :cool:

lickwidspace said:
My main reason for this post was to just express my thanks to Gustavo again for his work. The time, thought, and effort he put forth on this project is above and beyond any expectations I had. He brought us down to his "shop", we put down a couple beers, and he showed us the basics of working with Acrylics and how his tanks are built. And also went on to show some other awesome projects he's working on...

Again, Gustavo thank you for everything, I could not be happier....

Pics to come soon... stayed tued :cool:

can't wait to see pics.
Gustavo always puts his heart into it.

I believe I saw your sump Saturday night. It looked great even without the final touches.
I almost stole it. ;)

Moe_K said:
I believe I saw your sump Saturday night. It looked great even without the final touches.
I almost stole it. ;)

Yeah I'm sure you did, Gustavo mentioned a few member that had stopped by and saw it coming together over the weekend.

mine was a 46 gallon? I think. its 16 wide,48 long and 15 tall. it has a refugium and frag tank built in. I really don't know if I should discuss a price, he may not like that. it would be better to just shoot him a pm.

Thank you guys!!!

I do have some pic from both sumps, I will see if I have time to put those up today.
I do like to work with acrylic and wood and I think that the best part is to know that people are happy with whatever I did for them.
Thanks again, I just did what I like to do.!!!

Gustavo

Conlius said:
how much does he charge for these sumps? and what size sump is it?

Mine is 1 60Lx20Hx15W, Running it will hold in exess of 50 gals, Filled it holds about 77gals.

As far as price, like Jeff said, you should talk to Gustavo and tell him what you want.

Good...now that you guys have your 'gazillion gallon' sumps done, Gustavo can help me re-build one for my weeee lil' pony tank!

I did see the last couple sumps he made for you guys. If I brought home anything that big, my wife would burry me in it ;)

Nice work Neo

Dave

JustDavidP said:
Good...now that you guys have your 'gazillion gallon' sumps done, Gustavo can help me re-build one for my weeee lil' pony tank!

I did see the last couple sumps he made for you guys. If I brought home anything that big, my wife would burry me in it ;)

Nice work Neo

Dave

Hey Dave, I sill have 1 1/2 tank to build for Michele :D than we can work in pony sump ;)

JK, bring me the dimentions again and I will make you a new sump.

Gustavo

I have been talking to Gustavo about building a sump for me and he has been great to deal with and very responsive. I am looking forward to ordering it and from everything that I am reading I know that I will be thrilled.

Hey guys,

Here is some pic of Jeff's(nitrofish) sump.

IMG_4568.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

I thought Jeff's sump was big but Kenn's sump is even bigger!!

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG

IMG_4597.JPG

And here the sump full of water!!

IMG_4611.JPG

I still need to finish Michele's (Kiah) frag tanks, and so far it is looking really good.

I'm hoping to have those tanks done by tomorrow night, than do a water test and have it ready for pickup by friday night.

Gustavo

Back