Do slip 2" bulkheads exist?

Armando

v 4.0
I looked everywhere but can't find it.

I need a 2" bulkhead that is slip, not threaded. I can only find threaded. Reason is, I need to connect a ball valve that is slip, and I have a very limited amount of space, there's no space to add adapters from one to another. I also thought about getting a threaded balvalve and connecting it to the bulkhead with a nipple. No luck, there's no 2" union valve that is threaded.

As a last resort, I'm thinking about dremelling the bulkhead threads to slip the pipe in, is this a bad idea?

Attachments

• bulkhead.JPG
    bulkhead.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 197
I thought I saw them in Savco last night.

And I'd say yes, dremeling the threads probably wouldn't create a good enough gluing surface.

This bulkhead at Savko is Slip*Thread. Not sure which side is threaded, do you? You could just invert the bulkhead though, couldn't you? That would save even more space if you put the flange on the outside of the tank, and the nut on the inside, assuming you have the space inside the tank. The bulkhead will seal fine either way, just keep the rubber gasket and the flange on the same side.

McMaster-Carr 2 inch NPT gray PVC bulkhead with slip per your dwg. #36895k116. Note this fitting is for 2 inch pipe as you asked for, not 2 inch O.D. tube.

Jim

Back