Do you dip your coral?

vinny

BRS Member
I think I keep taking a chance by not dipping my corals to rid off parasites what should I use.

Always, always dip coral regardless where they come from. I do bayer followed by coral rx.

+1 Bayer. I also like Revive because the water stays clear, and it's easier to see if anything falls off the coral.

if fire wouldn't kill the coral too I'd use that !!! Yes always dip , then dip again in 5-7 days and again after that

I use coral rx and a good reason why is I got two sps frags at Jay's yesterday. And a red flat worm came off one of them

+1 to bayer I tear off whatever its mounted to: frag plug rubble etc, then do 10ml for every 4 oz of tank water. I dip everything from free stuff to my expensive stuf in bayer using that formula. Do 2 rinses after for at least five minutes each to make sure its all off the coral.

I dip corals in revive or coral RX.

You cannot dip snails / crabs / CUC unless you would like them to become deceased. You can QT them if you are particularly concerned (or have a large, expensive system and would like to be cautious with any introductions).

BAYER ADVANCED Complete Insect Killer. WOW seriously who figured this out, that's incredible or are you putting me on?

nope that stuff is a gift to the reefing community . the bugs we couldn't kill before we now can with this stuff .

Back