Drill and saw for 1/8" Aluminum?

Docstach

Non-member
Does anyone have anything to easily cut and drill 1/8 to 1/16" aluminum in the Boston area that would be willing to help make a few cuts/holes? I have a cheap hacksaw that will probably cut it, but probably not the straightest (and definitely not the fastest) but not much to drill it with.

Thanks,

Matt

Well if all else fails maybe I will take a car trip (looks like you have a cool tank to see). Actually, will probably try the hack saw tomorrow and buy a drill bit at home depot. I have a drill that I think will work. Man, after 3 years I am still not used to living in a apt./condo with no place for real tools.

Thanks,

Matt

I feel you! I just built a custom stand in a 1 bedroom apartment. I know it is an investment, but I bought a jigsaw on sale for $34 with an $8 blade assortment. It cuts anything and rather nicely too! It is a black and decker model from lowes. I also purchased a drill before the build started for a similar low price. With those 2 tools, it is amazing what you can do!
But you can find someone that will allow you to use the tools if you stop by. Or if you can wait until the 22nd, I am sure you can build your items at the junkyard wars...

Back