Dripping Kalk

MichaelFreedman

Non-member
I currently have a Deltec Kalk strirrer as well as a Deltec calcium reactor. The C02 is injected into the Calcium reactor durring the hours when the lights are on and is fed salt water by an aqualifter pump. It's regulated to about 5-8 drips a second and has been working great. My Kalk stirrer is another story. I finally got it on the timer last night and set it up to run when the lights are off. It is fed by an aqualifter and I have a valve to regulate the flow into the stirrer. I sat and watched it for about 20 mins and instead of a steady drip, I get periodic streams. Needless to say, i closed the valve down about 3/4 of the way thinking that would be safe. I awoke this morning to my ozmolator alarm going off. The kalk pump emptied about 6 gallons of kalk/fresh water into the tank. Fortunately due to my water volume my salinity was not adversly affected. Is there a better way to regulate this thing? I didn't want to run the ozmolator through it due to the volume of water moved at one time.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Does anyone make a line selector for aircraft tubing? i.e. During most hours, pump the auto topoff directly into the tank, but during a short period, pump through the kalk....?

Mike

you can drip the kalk in spurts every couple of hours with a peristaltic pump on a timer.

Back