Early Xmass gift

spaceship

Non-member
I was talking equipment with my gf today about a mp10 and for all that have meat her she loves my tank as much as i do!! Awesome thing to have in common.. except for when the coral is not in the right spot...Well i got to get to the point Right!!! Well Stacia said she wants a tank in our room again we had a 14g nano that we Love but 2 small for any fish and no sps light so i wanted to improve it!! We now have medal halides on the reef so i dont want another half reef/ softy small tank so she said Sea Horses in the bed room!!! And i just pmed a 37gallon high i belive is the best for the space i have to work with. The tank comes with basic light and emporer 400 filter i could add sand live rock and a air stone skimmer for a 50 maby a small power head. i woul also let cycle from next weekend untill xmass.. Would that be enough? She wants the sea horses Between xmass and new years any help would be awesome!! The tank will only have two seahorse in it and a wrasse maby!!! i know that i have seen some one sells seahorses on BRS alot i bet i would like to know them.. The picture is of our first tank after i got rock for my bday second picture is of our newest tank as of 2 days ago when i first added our first rbta...Any Sea horse info would be awesome...Awesome Thanks a ton Brian and Stacia

Attachments

• oldest tank.jpg
    oldest tank.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 1028092054.jpg
    1028092054.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 232
dude thats schweeet a chick who likes reefkeeping as much as you, wrasse and sea horses dont get along-i dont think.

That's so cool how you have the Buddha hold up the rock. It even better with the CCStar on his belly.

He was awesome!!! DO NOT BUY FOR SALT WATER FRESH WATER ONLY!!!!! Petco owes me big!!! Thanks any sea horse help????

Ditch the emperor sump/refugium. If you don't want to get a sump still ditch the emperor and get a HOB skimmer

You need perfect water and it took my new tank about 3 months before it was good enough for seahorses.. And now i am over feeding so i have nitrates... stupid me

You wouldn't be able to keep the shyiest of shy wrasses they will beat out the seahorses for food every time. Maybe a goby of some kind would be better.

I would also get a decent light nothing special just so you can grow like macro in the tank so the horses have something to hitch on..

Also check out seahorse.org

another forum im a member there alot of amazing info on that site

I would think any wrasse would out compete the seahorses for the same food. Even the calmer ones, but I am not positive.

Edit: beat me to it

my local fish store has a wrasse ($300 fairy flame female) and sea horses for 9 months and has had good luck with it...if i remove the filter i got no carbon... o yea the hob skimmer acts the same way right?i only have the stone skimmer... She wont let me rum a sump/fug up stairs too!!!i want to i got a 10 gallon acrilic sheets and fish safe silicone and a pump i just cant afford a flood.

sadly we just found out the tank we planned on using will not work : (
Does anyone know of another tank available? i would love one the same size
it was a 37g with the foot print of a 29g it had a hood and a filter
basicly i need a tall tank 30in wide and tall can be up to 18 in deep
Or any other advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
stacia and brian

Back