Easy Corals to Keep

Wow, I can't believe the amount of responses I'm getting. That will be more than enough of a list to get me started. Thanks guys!

The clam is a definite stretch....don't think I would go there.

If you're aiming for 'easy' corals, consider holding off on a clam until you get the rest of your corals growing effectively.

What Jay said depending on which clam though... I have a crocea and a maxima with my T5's amd my bulbs but I don't have any actinics... But since you're looking for easy corals I'd hold off on the clam (even the lower light ones like Deresa and squamies) until the tank is a little more mature..

Also, the actinic bulbs in your fixture don't count much towards your watts/gallon or PAR number unless you're running an ATI Blue plus. I'd suggest getting your hands on a PAR meter and see how much light gets to where you plan to keep the clam.

Def join the club the meter is awesome, I've used it twice... Elaborating on my no actinic bulbs from above; I run 2 Geisemann aquablue (daylight) and 2 ATI Blue +. The Blue + are actually a blue bulb not an actinic bulb and they put out a ton of PAR and IMO look just like actinic bulbs. In fact I thought they were actinic bulbs until someone explained they weren't. The only thing is I'm probably missing out of that extra "pop" that actinics give corals. But IMO my corals look awesome with what I have and I did have an actinic bulb before the T5 smashing kitten broke it and I actually think without that actinic bulb the tank looks better... Hope this helps it's early in the morning don't know if it makes too much sense :eek:

Yeah what everyone else said. No go on the Clam. Also I remember a post not to long ago about a 100% non photosynthetic tank that looked awesome.

Lol, gotta love T5 smashing kittens.

No you don't because she has evolved into the "glass breaking-plant pulling off counter-spits food on the ground to play with-etc etc" kitten lol...

But at least she broke the bulb I was thinking of ditching...

Back