Feeling Peachy Paly take over!!!!!

Tcancel

Non-member
My feeling peachy palys are taking over. They have reached my frog spawn, my pulsing xenias, my yellow eye polyps and have totally over ran some zoas ( they are still alive, you just cant see them cause the palys extend further from the rock). Does anyone have any idea on how to frag the palys without removing rock?? Are they going to poison my water if i start removing them in my DT? Are they some what easy to pull of the rock???

fpp.jpg

So the reason i am trying to avoid moving rock is because i have a large monti that has encrusted to 3 or 4 rocks in this area, it has about a 10 or 11 inch diameter and im afraid of breaking it..... any ideas???? Thanks guys and gals!

cap.jpg

Some Palys if you can get to a corner of them, and take a razor blade and scrape the "foot" up. Some will pull off in clusters. Not sure about that type , but worth a try.

If they are on an isolated rock you could pull it out and pluck them off. If not, pluck what you can. They are very invasive fast growers (at least for me) so I would try to limit them as best you can. They won't stop growing...

i pulled them right of the rocks while in the water... they would come up in chunks. still kinda spotted throughout but def not as bad as they where...

Thanks, i was woried of toxin in the water. I will be triming them back soon if any body wants some!

Keep your skimmer skimming wet and run new bag of carbon when you are pulling them.

I would be more concerned in the possibility of you poisoning yourself. If you are going to be doing a lot of cutting and tearing make sure that you use some gloves , goggles and mask.
Palyotoxin poisoning is pretty nasty !

Last edited:
Thats why I hate zoos/paly. I am having an issue in my tank, and not with all good looking zoos. I am also having an issue with a green cap i got rid of over a year ago. Its encrusting, and won't stop. Thats when you need to just let nature takes its course.

I would watch out for that anthelia as well, before you know it it will reach plague proportions. I had it in a tank and it was budding off and cropping up everywhere.

Back