Finally!

Very cool thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's going to be taking a long time to do a build :D Think mine's going to be alot longer that this one though :rolleyes:

Very cool thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's going to be taking a long time to do a build :D Think mine's going to be alot longer that this one though :rolleyes:

Dude, bro... No way is that gonna happen. The title of BRS' Undisputed Super Slacker is MINE.

:D

This will come as a shock to some of you. My tank is not up and running yet. :: Actually, it's on hold for awhile. It looks like we're moving by next spring. We really love this house, but the public schools are pretty bad and there aren't many kids in the area for ours to play with. Most of the people out here have grown kids and they, themselves are on the brink of retirement. I'm really going to miss this house and especially the ocean, which is only a few hundred feet away. :(

So we're looking for a smaller, less expensive place with great public schools. My wife would like to be closer to work, so we're looking at homes from Reading to as far north as North Andover and as far west as Groton.

This will come as a shock to some of you.
My tank is not up and running yet. :: Actually, it's on hold for awhile. It looks like we're moving by next spring. We really love this house, but the public schools are pretty bad and there aren't many kids in the area for ours to play with. Most of the people out here have grown kids and they, themselves are on the brink of retirement. I'm really going to miss this house and especially the ocean, which is only a few hundred feet away. :(

So we're looking for a smaller, less expensive place with great public schools. My wife would like to be closer to work, so we're looking at homes from Reading to as far north as North Andover and as far west as Groton.

geez 2-drii, further from the ocean gets you even 2-drii-er. :rolleyes:

any excuse to keep slackin' on the tank fill :D

Man, I thought I was pretty good at procrastinating, but 25 months, 40 pages of posts and 6 miles of elect. wiring takes the cake... :: What ever happened to "Keeping it Simple".
I wonder if that thing has blown up yet...

I have never really checked that build before. It's infamous though. I guess I need to peruse it one of these days for inspiration. :)

As far as my build goes, I am bummed about having spent ~ $2500 on electrical, plumbing and bracing. I can always take some of that stuff with me, I suppose.

Oh man Paul,
Good luck with the hunting and move....
But gezzze this could seriously be the driest install in history

Oh man Paul,
Good luck with the hunting and move....
But gezzze this could seriously be the driest install in history

LOL. Thanks for the well wishes and for pointing that out, Marc. :eek:

We talked about staying here for a few more years. But there's no point in that. Plus I don't want to have to move everything once set-up. I did mention to my wife that the best way to avoid losses is to have a new tank cycling in the new place ASAP. She didn't like where I was going with that. ;)

On the bright side, in my basement, I got me a pile of the finest dry rock around! :D

On the bright side, in my basement, I got me a pile of the finest dry rock around! :D

Usually that's a good thing and I tell people "unlimited shelf life"
I'm afraid you'll prove me a liar....
Please toofy .. don't let my babies turn to dust ....get em wet they like wet :eek:

Usually that's a good thing and I tell people "unlimited shelf life"
I'm afraid you'll prove me a liar....
Please toofy .. don't let my babies turn to dust ....get em wet they like wet :eek:

"Toofy." Hahahahaha! Alright mannn. I'll get them all wet. Two smallish pieces are in saltwater, FYI. :)

OMG Paul. So does this mean that your going to start a new build thread when you get in the new house which will continue on for years? lol

Move out my way. Then I can put a spark under your ***

Back