finished 75 gal.sump under 180 gal tank

nitrofish

reefing again!
it was a real tight squeze but it fit in the stand. what do you think?

needs a little more rock

Attachments

• sump done 1.jpg
    sump done 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 427
this is what I had before, a wet/dry about 25 gallons total

Attachments

• base rock filter.jpg
    base rock filter.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 395
Jeff, will you be able to remove the skimmer in case you need to clean it? Seems like there isn't enough space at the top (over the lip of the sump) but the pics may not be telling the whole story... otherwise it looks awesome, great looking sump!

Nuno

the tank can hold all of the overflow because I have syphon interupting holes in my return lines. the old sump didn't have a problem.

the skimmer is another problem, its in their for good,which I am not happy with. I can clean it, but I cant remove the unit(cup and pump only, but not easily). I recently added a remote resivore to help out.

this is one of those live and learn projects, if I ever start a new tank it will be much different.

That's what I call using all available space! :D

Looks nice Jeff. For what it's worth, I don't really see myself removing my whole skimmer much. As long as you can get the pump and collection cup out.

I like how the sump trim matches your stand perfectly. :)

nate

NateHanson said:
That's what I call using all available space! :D

Looks nice Jeff. For what it's worth, I don't really see myself removing my whole skimmer much. As long as you can get the pump and collection cup out.

I like how the sump trim matches your stand perfectly. :)

nate

I had to scrape some of the background off to see my timers :p

the tank trim was accidental, but it worked out reall well. I bought it used from another member

Back