Finishing a basement for a tank?

My basement isn’t completely finished yet, but that’s because I work on it at my leisure. Tough to work construction everyday, and then come home and work some more.

Anywho op I think u live close to me, your welcome to come by anytime and check out my setup. Here’s the hub of the man cave(going to build a floating canopy Maybe tomorrow night)

Yeah I'm on the Northshore in Ipswich may have to take you up on that offer at some point but I'm super busy right now and need to get the bathroom done first to stand a chance of making this happen lol...

One thing I did in my basement was paint the ceiling black. From floor to ceiling I had 7’8 to joist. I did not want to lose any ceiling height and the black gives an illusion of a higher ceiling.

In wall fireplace behind my recliners, also added a bar which is currently my work station

7 foot 8 inches you're lucky LOL. I have 78-79 inches to work with which is about 6 1/2 feet :confused: I am strongly leaning towards and planning on just painting the rafters and all the pipes/wires a white color to give the illusion of greater height as I'm sure the actual cost of lowering the floors would be way too much.

I am working on my basement right now, not purposely for the tanks or need living space. Just want to finish it so the basement looks nice.

Awww look at those nice smooth floors I'm so jealous of everybody's basement floors LOL

Side note thanks for all the input one of the reasons why this club is so great keep the info, advice and pictures coming!

While I have everybody's attention after reading through all my other posts (easier to reply/comment in multiple posts than try to do it all in one post) does anyone have any recommendation for free online programs to make 2D/3D representations of my basement? I quickly looked at a few the other day and wasn't impressed and it would be easier than my graph paper and paper cut outs LOL

I’ll add this to the thread since I mentioned it in my post, here’s my floating canopy

Attachments

• 3BDEA736-FB5F-449B-ACF5-F6D4F356E416.jpeg
    3BDEA736-FB5F-449B-ACF5-F6D4F356E416.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 169
Back