First fish I ever got 10 years ago passed away this w/e

reefsmurf

Non-member
The first fish I ever bought, a cute Petco clown, passed away this w/e. I've had her for 10 years in my 29gallon. She once jumped from the tank into a hang on refugium and lived in a tiny side cube area for a few days before I noticed. After that I put on a eggcrate top. She was doing fine before I left for the weekend. I usually leave the AC on but I hadn't installed it yet, and I checked the weather before leaving and it didn't seem like it would get hot enough to affect my tank, but now I'll never know. I hope the poor gal didn't suffer because of me, but I feel bad. I saw that a few people's tanks got above 82-83, and I always thought that fish could handle that pretty easily.

She's the one in the top. R.I.P.! The other two fish are fine.

DSCN2591.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it was not the temp, maybe old age!
I have seen my tank hit 90 and it did not affect my clowns.
My corals were a different story.

I agree with kingfish. I don't think it was the temp, just old age. Ten years in your tank is something to be proud of. I bet your friend had a pretty good life when compared to many other fish.

Sorry for your loss, ten years is pretty impressive! Im going on 7 with mine

Oldest Clown i have seen and documented is 15 maby 16 now...
Record is 19 i belive
sorry for you loss...
losing fish is never fun..There is a little bright side it was the female so adding another is not a terrible idea.....

Back