First meeting excitement,and lighting question

Dtilton

Non-member
Hi all- I bought a nice RR Oceanic 58 gallon, 36x18x20 about a year ago and never set it up. BLASHPHEMY!!! We wanted to put in a new rug,then ended up ripping up the old floor and discovered a nice wood floor that we needed to refinish,blah,blah,blah, we never got the tank up and running. NOW WE'RE READY!!! I'm coming to the meeting next weekend FOR THE FIRST TIME! YEAH!!! and I'm really excited to be close to set-up. I posted here a year or so ago and got some really good info,bought the substrate, all pumps,heaters, protein skimmer,etc, but I haven't gotten lights yet. I'm looking at Tek T5 6 x 39w fixture. Will that be enough to keep a pretty good variety of stuff,or am I really limiting myself? I don't need the best and biggest, or one of everything, just a nice mix,which I know I need to research more, but is that a good basic light set-up? No really interested in MH at this point. What do folks think?

Looking forward to meeting folks next week!

-Danny

Last edited:
After a lot of research and advise from this group and others, I have selected this T-5 setup as the best available to me and that I can afford. The bulbs have to be purchased separately but that actually allows you more freedom to get the right mix.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=586

I had a couple of question and e-mailed them this morning within two hours I had my answer, this included the time it took him to e-mail my question to the manufacturer for the answer. I was very pleased.

Good luck !

Bonnie

Back