Fish Need Help

Steve H

Formerly sch1013
I just came back from the Petco in Hanover and it was disgusting. Almost all their saltwater fish were covered in ick and the tanks had dead and dying fish in most of them. Does anybody know anything that can be done, or anybody that can be called, this should not be allowed to happen :mad:

Wow really? I thought they threw those tanks together awefully fast. On their "Grand Opening" day, the bow front toward the front of the store with the tangs in it was so brown you couldn't see the fish.

What can be done?
Call PetCo and complain. That might contribute to the pile of complaints I'm sure they get.
Don't shop there, and tell the manager why you won't shop there anymore.

No, they don't. Fish is not cats or dogs. There is no law against bad treatment of fish.

Call and write letters to PETCO. Threaten bad publicity. I think you'll get more response that way than through MSPCA. Not that MSPCA isn't also worth a call.

And above all, don't shop there. Even if the yellow tangs are a bit cheaper.

Nate

how about calling the news stations about inhumane treatment type interest news story??

The MSPCA is going to send an officer to check it out and I have a call into a news station, hopefully something will happen

WOW, I saw a Clarkii clown in a petco who was being pecked to death. We asked the kid working if he was going to remove it. He did not give to Sh*/s . Kinda sad, when he could have easily quarentined the little guy.

finding the numbers and calling these places took less then 10 minutes and hopefully will save the lives of some animals. I hope this will prompt other people to do the same thing.

Would you care to post relevent phone numbers and contact info in case others want to follow this route in the future?

Moe might even decide to put this in the "useful threads" list.

Back