Fish room 12x16 freshwater and saltwater

orionduck

Non-member
Here is my plan for building the fish room --this is 12x16 room. Looking to built 2 sump system so I can change the water and add water into all the tank so I don't have to work so much. So far changing water for the fresh tank is about 20 min for the 3 tank--.. the salt water tank about 15 min by mixing the salt into the 2 5 gallon bucket.

My goal is to have the 2 sump act as the station for doing all of the fish tank.... add water and draining the water into the garden-- (conserve water)

Also within budget is the t5 Lighting system for the 3 fish tank,,.one of my other thread-- all of this I am hoping to do under $500 dollar.

That is my goal. I will start it asap once I get more money.

Attachments

• Picture 010 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 010 (Medium).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 760
  • Picture 021 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    Picture 021 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 746
Hello guy been a long time since I got back into aquarium and stuff being tooo busy playing World Of Warcraft for a couple of week------- Here is the update of the progress!! Before and After ...---

And so to speak I am going to plan to pull the permit to do this job-- gonna re flame it out and then have it plaster or sheetrock with compound.----

So far the cost is $0 dollar -----I am still trying to keep everything under $500.

The building pemit and the electrical permit i will updated on the pricing.

Attachments

• Picture 024 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 024 (Medium).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 670
  • Picture 042 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 042 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 675
  • Picture 043 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 043 (Medium).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 670
  • Picture 018 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 018 (Medium).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 679
More update

More update ------ Here is the blueprint for whole system.

Attachments

• saltwaterJEG.JPG
    saltwaterJEG.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 675
The heating system I am thinking of tieing it into the house as well.. the following picture ---

Once I get all the lighting system in place it will be in 1 circuit and will turn on and off to conserve electrical and will run to the panel.

The pump and filter is going to be circuit 2 and will run to the panel. Circuit 2 might be on a solar if I can find 1 cheap,...(have to ask around and shop around) this is IF---

Attachments

• how.JPG
    how.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 672
the basement is a finish basement already--- as for the permit the electrical might be around $30 and I don't know about the building permit---- I will find out soon enough. If it cost over $100 ---- will decided.

Sounds like you have put some thought and planning into the room. I have not even gotten that far myself yet. I'm debating to put it upstairs on the first floor (show tank) and the balance downstairs (sump or entire area just for tanks). Guess it really depends on how much money you want to put into the system.

Gee could use my son's room as he goes to college next year, but that is up on the 2nd floor and would stink. Besides my daughter thinks she is going to turn his room into a gaming room/closet for herself. Like the 13'x16' bedroom is not enough and it's more than most people have. Hmmmm, maybe she will let me change the door to the room over to like one of those ones on prison doors with the slot you pass the food through? I'm kidding of course. I would not mind that for myself and lock it from the inside.

I don't know what size pump you will be running and the GPH rating but I would opt for a lager return line and drain line. 1/4" and 1/2" definitely will not be enough. I would suggest at least 1" if not 1 1/2" for the return and at least 2" if it's going to be 1 drain but 2 1/1" or 3" would probably be more appropriate (help prevent any clogging etc.).

1/2 inch for the drain and 1/4 for the supply----- well I was thinking of 1 drain and supply for each tank---- and if I want 1 major one the bigger the better--- I am still coming up with the final number for the whole project.

the final number is allways higher than lower permit throw it away and if it were me i wood go with plaster over drywall way better 4 the pennies

i use to play WOW.... but then i realized it was consuming all my time and costing me way to much money. so i canceled it. i reeeeeeeeeeely want to play it but... maybe when i get more money

and looks like a good idea

have you ever used frp its a fiberglass paneling they sell at home depot not really cheap at about 30bucks a sheet but it is water proof and fire resistant :) and very very strong

might be worth checking out dont have to worry about mold or mildew

yea it is with all the rest of the paneling you glue it on over drywall or plywood i like to use the $6 sheet plywood don't have to worry about finding a stud when im hanging something

12x16 is a very decent size room btw

Back