Fish room 12x16 freshwater and saltwater

Update 1-14-10

OK so far it is Jan 14 2010-- Here is an update to the project,,.. I though about doing the sheetrock BUT due to the fact that it is gonna be close to the fish tank I decided to use wonderboard,. the one that they used for tile. And I also built the plywood type 4'x2'x8' fish tank..(gonna be part sump, and something else not sure) ........ and I used the Epoxy 1 system sealer.

So far the hardiback, 2x4x8 stud, pipe coupling, etc and epoxy sealer 1 system cost about $160

Attachments

• Picture 019 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 019 (Medium).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Picture 021 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 021 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Picture 026 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 026 (Medium).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Picture 029 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 029 (Medium).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 384
  • Picture 051 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 051 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 402
14g coral tank

And the update on all the coral I got from you guy... They are all doing fine,, thank you all.. for the purchase and donation!

Attachments

• Picture 081 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 081 (Medium).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 379
  • Picture 095 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 095 (Medium).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Picture 099 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 099 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 390
I hope you put the Kabosh on that crazy permit idea. You let them in your house, and you will be spending more than $500. You can take that to the bank..

OK --- guy great NEWS.... plumbing for a fish tank don't require a permit because it isn't human usage. This is what the building inspector said and he went over to my house to see my deck,. the 1 that I pull the permit for and I let him in to see the whole basement,, he went out laughing and said no to permit. The city don't want to be sue by homeowner over dead fish.

I started this build 11-22-2009 ... Started with 1 120gallon saltwater fish tank....

Currently it have about 120gallon saltwater, 90gallon saltwater, 16 gallon saltwater, a 45 gallon barrel and a 36 gallon corner tank --- all drill by me.. I crack that 14gallon oceania nano tank and a 10 gallon ... quess it was tooo thin or I didn't put a wood underneath the tank!

All of the saltwater fish tank are tie into 1 sump system .. all of them drain to the sump and there are like 2 mag 9.5 working on the saltwater

And the fresh water fish tank are also tie into a sump system as well .. I did the same thing I did .. drill them, 40gallon breeder, 55gallon, 29gallon, 20gallon, 45gallon barrel ... .. only tank left to drill is the 55gallon freshwater that is where the goldfish are.....

WELL anyhow I am GOING to redo all of this system in a few month... Make it all LOOk nice and cute ...

36gallon corner tank

photo111.jpgphoto222.jpg2 night ago I crack that 14gallon oceania nano and had to replace it with this 36gallon corner tank! just done drilling this morning and setting it up right now..

And also .. with all of this tank.. currently running at 8 hour each day .. on T5 and freshwater on regular T8 .. the electric bill is under $120 dollar a month .. even for summer,. I only use the AC in my bedroom at night to cool off.. the rest of the day no need for AC ....

In november 2009 it was costing me over $200 a month for that 120gallon ... since I have a total of 8 fish tank in all ... with lighting, and sump lighting it is under $120 dollar a month

The water bill stand at about $35 per month ... or $30 .. --- well I am thinking of installing another water meter so they can deduct the waste water from my bill -- that could save another $10 a month more or less I am unsure of ---

Now I want to find out about all of the lighting... I will run all new wiring for a dedicated circuit for lighting so they can turn on and off at once ... don't know if there are any more way to save money on electric bill ...

All of those coral BTA, RBTA are doing great ..

The RO water are for salt water whereas the waste water are for the fresh water .. whatever that is left over... so I don't waste it...

all of those tank I use 1/2 inch PVC and some tank 3/4 PVC for drain and the supply I use cpvc and valve to control the flow of the supply.

In my office and the living room 3/4 pvc and 1/4 tubing for supply ---- as long as there are a constant supply of draining and supply the fish tank the water are very clear and clean .. all of those tank got that cool looking krolia power head low wattage-----they all look cloudy is because of that newer tank that I just tie into it...

Well I need a bigger sump and plus a bigger skimmer... and that would do the trick!

Back