fish wont eat

new2saltyfish

Non-member
well i bought a hippo tang and i dont think it's eating. i thought at frist it was just ich but its been lying on its side now for almost 2 days. i thought it ate when i first got it but i must be wrong because i can see ribs. i tried to make him eat but he spits it out. i have algae and brine and mysis shripm and he does it all the same. Any way to force feed? I fear he's only got a day or so left in him if that.

I have real good luck with garlic. You can buy Kent Marine Garlic extreme and soak your food in it. You can also use the minced garlic packed in water from the grocery store.
I keep the food in the fridge overnight soaking for the next days feedings. Also try soaking your nori in it.

I have real good luck with garlic. You can buy Kent Marine Garlic extreme and soak your food in it. You can also use the minced garlic packed in water from the grocery store.
I keep the food in the fridge overnight soaking for the next days feedings. Also try soaking your nori in it.

Sorry but I got a garlic question...

If you use the grocery store minced garlic in water do u actually feed the fish food with the garlic or just use the water thats in the jar and soak the fish food in it??

Sorry but I got a garlic question...

If you use the grocery store minced garlic in water do u actually feed the fish food with the garlic or just use the water thats in the jar and soak the fish food in it??

You can feed the garlic as well. My fish eat chunks of garlic.

Back