Fluconazole vs. hair algae

wpeterson

BRS Member
There's been some compelling evidence posted by folks on Reef2Reef that the anti-fungal Fluconazole will effectively kill nuisance green hair algae (particularly bryopsis) but leave helpful macroalgae like chaetomorpha alone.

I recently ordered some and I'm planning to do my own test with a sustained 20mg/gal treatment for 9-10 days. I also had to order a larger supply than I'm going to need if other folks are interested in sharing.

More details on this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

Has anyone else here tried this tactic? What were your results? I'll try and post picture/data as things go.

I ordered a few of these last week and waiting on them to be delivered. I'll be teating this on a 20g following the instructions on the guys over on reef2reef

I have a YouTube video that I posted like a month ago about fluconazole and green hair algae. Search "Mike Lemming" on YouTube and you'll see it if you scroll down a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a YouTube video that I posted like a month ago about fluconazole and green hair algae. Search "Mike Lemming" on YouTube and you'll see it if you scroll down a little

I'll see if I can find that. Could you perhaps share your experience here directly or summarize what happened with your tank?

Back