Fluval tank question

aries426

Non-member
I just purchased a Fluval Ebi 7.9g tank. I'm going to put a Yashia Goby and a Candy Cane Pistol shrimp along with some zoas.

I wanted to know what powerhead I could put in there. Would a Korilia 425 be to strong? I would like the smallest possible in size.

Any ideas?

Thanks Chad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Another thing is lighting, it comes with a 6400k power compact lighting, but I want to get a T5 fixture. I saw that Coralife had an 11" T5 light. I know it's not the best but I couldn't find anything else that was better and under 12". The only other light I was considering was LED. However I don't have much knowledge with them and do not know which one would be sufficient for zoas. Only thing I remember was that you want it 2-3w per bulb.

Any help with this as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Chad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The t-5 sounds like a good option and will be plenty sufficient for zoas in tank that size. Though if it were me I would probably take the opportunity to DIY in led.

i have a fluval edge, not the same tank that your mentioning but i guess similar enough. I have a k-nano in mine. Corals are all doing fine , the sps , softied, and lps all happy it shouldn't be too much flow, you should be alright.

Back