For those who hang their lights, make sure you screw into solid wood...

Yeah it's an incredibly thin and small fixture. Very sleek and modern. That wire pisses me off though. IDK what to do with it. I'm thinking I may try and figure out some way of sticking the wire horizontal straight to the wall then straight down or something.
I know it looks all crooked and uneven in that photo but that's just the camera angle. I can assure my OCD kicked in as I used a bubble level for 20 minutes to get it exact. Wish it were a tad bit closer to the tank, but for those who've used hanging kits know, the wire cable only pulls one direction and you'd have to feed the entire cable through again to get it to a lower point on the line and I didn't feel like unscrewing those tiny screws. I'm sure I will eventually though. Sounds like a nice little weekend project.

As you can see, I also bought a $10 clamp on fan made by Kenmore from K-Mart that is keeping the tank at a comfortable 76 down from 79/80. $10 dinky little fan is cooling 60g water volume (not counting rock/sand) by nearly 5 degrees. Pretty impressive.
Evaporation did of course increase slightly, but far far less than I had expected.

I have my ReefKeeper for the 40g coming in on Thursday too and that will be the ticket to maintaining rock solid temps on the 40g. Couldn't live without the RKL i've had on my 5g for over a year.
Got a good deal on it too. Sold a frogspawn for $50, won an auction on a used RKL for $95 with shipping. Essentially paying $45 for an RKL. Nice.

Back