Frag Swap Thread: 20 Nov 2005

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Next frag swap will be at the meeting on 20 Nov 05. There's another thread stuck to the top of Reef Talk with information on the date/time/location of the meeting. For details or questions, see that thread.

As usual, in the frag swap thread, please note what you're looking for and/or what you've got to trade.

Posting frags for sale here is okay, as long as you're just a hobbyist, and the frags will be at the meeting.

For new folks: a "frag" is a piece of coral. In this hobby we like to cut off pieces of coral and trade or sell them to others. We have a frag swap at the end of our monthly meetings.

To keep this thread as uncluttered as possible, if your post is not specifically about arranging a coral trade (or selling/buying), then start a new thread with the question or point. For example, if you want to know the best way to pack frags, please start a new thread.

Hopefully this frag swap thread will remain useful.

Note that if somebody starts a new thread about their frags available at the meeting (not within this thread), it will get moved to the appropriate Marketplace forum.

Have fun. :)

i am looking for 2 or 3 bags of southdown if anyone has and can bring to the meeting. let me know . thanks

I have a few things ready
GREAT STARTER CORALS
2 2inch kenya tree corals $4 each
2 1 inch actual ALL purple M digitata (keep high under MH for purple) $4 each
1 2+ inch ORA green base orange polyp digi $15

POSSIBLY ready for meeting.
1 full head and 1 new head of bright red w/green stripes Acanthastrea Lord. (not fresh cut & not the normal red w grey stripes everyone has) $40
5-6 polyps TRUE blue alien eye zoa's. $40 (clam man has first dibs if still interested)
5-6 polyps radioactive dragon eye zoa's $10

1 polyp PPE (computer crashed and I lost my waiting list...so I'm offering this 1 and only frag for probably the next year to BRS members while I try to re-compile my list, If you were on the list please remind me around when you ask to be added) been fragged for 1 month as of 11/7, well settled. $40

Frags

I will be needing some frags, my tank will be cycled in the next few days. Any soft corals, xenia, zoos, mushrooms, and star polyps. I look forward to meeting some people. By the way who do you talk to about becoming a member?

Thanks for all the great info you guys post here.

interested in if clam man passes:

5-6 polyps TRUE blue alien eye zoa's. $40 (clam man has first dibs if still interested)
5-6 polyps radioactive dragon eye zoa's $10

I am looking for lps, softies, and zoas
Duds

Just tried to pull off the frag rock of dragon eyes...they MIGHT be ready in 2 weeks for the meeting will keep you posted...I thought they were farther along than they are.

Also have a few more things ready to go

1 large polyp of blue & purple tonga mushroom pretty rare color $20
1 rock of 4 very bright blue shrooms $15
1 small very bright blue shroom $5
1 marble colored green with blue dots shroom $2
7 polyps of fire in the sky zoa's $10

I will be attending the next meeting (my first!) just officially joined.

I am growing out my acros right now so do not have many SPS frags to trade! My 120 has only been up for 5 months! Started acro 2 months ago. I have 7 bags of southdown I would like to trade for acro frags that are not green! Also want pink or blue stylos. I will also be bringing in some red and blue mushrooms to trade. Also I need to frag my beautiful torch. It's dark-burgandy red with flourescent green tips. Just have to find out how to frag it. It 10 inches in diameter. Anyone want some?

I also have some purple zoos with green eyes that I'd like to get rid of too.

Is this how we do this "frag swap" thing?

Thanks!

rtc_reefer said:
I'd like a frag of those What do you want for trade? If I don't have anything you want, how much $$ would you want for a frag?

Last edited:
Forgot to post what I have for trade...
I have a baby from this lovely lady (unmounted Tri Color Ricordia)
DSC00185.jpg

I have a frag of these (about 5 polyps) on a snail shell
GreenZoas.jpg

Also have a frag of this coral (Pectinia sp.)
DSC00871.jpg

smcnally said:
I'd like a frag of those What do you want for trade?

In my previous post I mentioned what I needed. I have like 1 square foot of those zoos. I'm still trying to figure out this frag swap thing. Maybe it will make more sense to me at the meetings. I'll bring what I have.
What have you got to " frag swap"?

intereseted in the one small very bright blueshroom $5
Duds

jovreef said:
Just tried to pull off the frag rock of dragon eyes...they MIGHT be ready in 2 weeks for the meeting will keep you posted...I thought they were farther along than they are.

Also have a few more things ready to go

1 large polyp of blue & purple tonga mushroom pretty rare color $20
1 rock of 4 very bright blue shrooms $15
1 small very bright blue shroom $5
1 marble colored green with blue dots shroom $2
7 polyps of fire in the sky zoa's $10

I don't have any acros for trade, but will buy a frag off you if you don't mind. To frag your torch, all you have to do is cut the brances down low. I've cut mine with a dremel and even just snipped them with a pari of wire cutters.

Ok Duds, you have the dragon eyes (if ready) and the small blue shroom.
Will also let you know if clam man is not interested in the blues.

WHAT I HAVE LEFT IS
1 orange & green digi,
1 purple digi
1 purple & blue tonga
1 acan lord

I have the following FS for the meeting:
- A couple of baby colt corals (1" sizes) - $5 (this is a good beginner soft coral)
- Small frag elk horn (1.5" size) - FREE (beginner SPS)
- Medium size frag purple tip M. digitata (2") - $5 (beginner SPS)
- Medium size frag bright orange M. digitata (2") - $5
- Pulsing xenia (the regular kind) - FREE

rtc_reefer said:
I will be attending the next meeting (my first!) just officially joined.

I am growing out my acros right now so do not have many SPS frags to trade! My 120 has only been up for 5 months! Started acro 2 months ago. I have 7 bags of southdown I would like to trade for acro frags that are not green! Also want pink or blue stylos. I will also be bringing in some red and blue mushrooms to trade. Also I need to frag my beautiful torch. It's dark-burgandy red with flourescent green tips. Just have to find out how to frag it. It 10 inches in diameter. Anyone want some?

Is this how we do this "frag swap" thing?

Thanks!

Rick, I don't have any SPS to trade (still growing out) but i'd really like a frag of the torch. I've fragged my hammer and frogspawn many times and wouldn't mind showing you how. would you sell me a frag? I'm only a couple towns from you, I can swing by just about any time.
Thanks, Patrick

Back