freeze dried fish food????

dry foods are generally high in phosphates that why you don't see many people using them as a main food source. Plus lots of fish and corals aren't nearly as interested in dry food as frozen/live food sources.

Feeding your fish/corals a variety is never a bad thing though... just don't over feed.

dry foods are generally high in phosphates that why you don't see many people using them as a main food source. Plus lots of fish and corals aren't nearly as interested in dry food as frozen/live food sources.

Feeding your fish/corals a variety is never a bad thing though... just don't over feed.

good to no. thanks for the info. maybe i will be patient and try frozen foods. any one recommend a type?

cyclopeeze and mysis shrimp are what i generally feed. Both are great.... i use the PE mysis brand... the price is a bit higher than hikari or any of the other ones, but it's well worth it IMO.

I wasn't trying to scare you away from dry food, as i sometimes use it, but just know that there is a reason people don't feed dry food everyday... because hell if there weren't any drawbacks everyone would feed it because it's a lot easier to feed, and generally more nutritious.

cyclopeeze and mysis shrimp are what i generally feed. Both are great.... i use the PE mysis brand... the price is a bit higher than hikari or any of the other ones, but it's well worth it IMO.

I wasn't trying to scare you away from dry food, as i sometimes use it, but just know that there is a reason people don't feed dry food everyday... because hell if there weren't any drawbacks everyone would feed it because it's a lot easier to feed, and generally more nutritious.

ill probably pick up both. if the freeze dried is cheap enough. but i rely need coral food. would like to start feeding them once a week. just to see how much faster it will make them grow. was going to try marine snow. but then i thought freeze dried and now frozen.

Back