Gone Frozen Fish and Coral Food – Bulk Reef Supply Recipe

nilaydeshmukh

BRS Member
I made a bunch of fish & coral food using the Bulk Reef Supply Recipe (with a little modification with selection of seaweed and palette food)

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/frozen-reef-chili-recipes/

Made enough for me to last for a year. . .I can share ½ (5 Ziplock bags) with other hobbyists that are interested in a high-quality fish/reef food. Not making any money, selling for what it costed me. Includes high-end coral food products. Here is what I used and the pictures below:
  1. Wild caught Frozen Shrimp – 1lb = $15
  2. Wild caught Scallops – 1lb = $16
  3. Wild caught Yellowfin Tuna – 1lb = $10
  4. Wild caught Alaskan Cod – 1/2lb = $8
  5. Wild caught Alaskan Salman – 1/2lb = $9
  6. Squid – 1 lb = $12
  7. BRS Freeze Dried Krill Superba = $7
  8. BRS Freed Dried Mysis = $8
  9. Neptune Systems CD CROSSOVER DIET palette = $13
  10. Two Little Fishies GREEN SEA VEGGIES SEAWEED -2 =$17
  11. Two Little Fishies PURPLE SEA VEGGIES SEAWEED -2 = $17
  12. Two Little Fishies Red SEA VEGGIES SEAWEED -1 =$8.50
  13. Aqua Edibles SUPER EGGS 4OZ =$19
  14. Nyos GOLDPODS LIQUID PLANKTON =$20
  15. Brightwell Aquatics AMINOMEGA =$15
  16. American Marine Inc. SELCON VITAMIN =$14
  17. Bulk Reef Supply PARACOCCUS POWDER =$7.50
  18. Bulk Reef Supply SPIRULINA POWDER =$5.00
  19. Brightwell Aquatics CORALAMINO =$14.00
  20. Reef Chili REEF CHILI =$15.00
  21. ESV MARINE PHYTOPLANKTON =$17.00
  22. PolypLab REEF-ROIDS =$15.00
  23. Bulk Reef Supply GOLDEN PEARLS LARVAL DIET =$7.50
  24. Bulk Reef Supply COPEPOD POWDER =$7.50
Total = $297 (wow, I shouldn’t have totaled it)

Total weight of the bags is 7.5 lb = 120 oz. I made 10 zip lock bags (more or less equal). I will do $30 for a bag (approx. 12 oz). Would also consider swap for a nice coral(s) Of course, not making any money. . . for comparison Rod's Food is for $20 + shipping for 6 Oz bag. It was fun making it and trying to share it other hobbies who will care for the ingredients.

Available in Canton. Please bring a cooler/ice pack
IMG_6803.jpg
IMG_6802.jpg
IMG_6805.jpg

Last edited:
This looks sweet! Silly question, how do you use it? Just break a piece off every day, cut it into specific sizes?thaw and put in tank?

Boston reefers has meetings were they make “fish goo” same concept as your food and someone always taste tests it. Did you? Haha. I’m also guessing you didn’t use all the additives in their entirety so it shouldn’t have been a full $300 right?

This looks sweet! Silly question, how do you use it? Just break a piece off every day, cut it into specific sizes?thaw and put in tank?
I intend to use it the same way as any other frozen food. Break a piece and mix it with some tank water and feed it slowly until everything is consumed. I made the food last night, I am yet to use a frozen piece. I fed the fish last night with what was left in pots and pans . . . they loved it. . . I never knew that I had so many snails in my tank, they all came out. . . there must be something great in the combo that trigger the response. I hope the corals would also like it!

Boston reefers has meetings were they make “fish goo” same concept as your food and someone always taste tests it. Did you? Haha. I’m also guessing you didn’t use all the additives in their entirety so it shouldn’t have been a full $300 right?
No, I didn't taste it. . . I cant probably ever do that. . . my basement is still stinking from making it . . .

The only two ingredients that I didn't use completely is ESV Marine Phytoplankton and the Spirulina Powder, rest is all in there . I had to use 3/4 of Selcon Vitamin bottle and Egg brew bottle that I had from before. That is one of the reasons that you have to make a large quantity to use up all of the additives. All liquids got soaked up so quickly with Freeze dried Krill, Mysis and dry seaweed. . . I must have also gone a little overboard though :) I probably would have poured more liquid ingredients if I had any more left :)

Back